After many analyses and with many doubts, I was about to join Digital Scholar, Chennai to take a weekend digital marketing course. Attended a demo session before joining and made sure about their teaching system. Life at the institute has been a breeze thus far, allowing me to embrace all that it has to offer. In just under 3 months, there has already been plenty of evident milestones along the way! Let’s take a trip down and review this 3-month digital scholar memory lane by revisiting them one by one.
The Big Launch
Digital Scholar, Chennai welcomed its first batch on September 8th, 2019. Many faces walked in, each with a similar expression writ large on their faces: that of curiosity. What lay ahead in store for them? The Digital Scholar staff helped us settle in, putting us at ease with a smooth orientation. Sorav Jain, the founder of Digital Scholar set the ball rolling through a free-flowing intro session and speech.
By the end of the day, it was clear what Digital Scholar was setting up for us in the long run. The orientation was filled with fun icebreaker activities. One activity required us to create our own “agencies” and come up with a creative tagline for them! It was a great way for us to come together as a community by getting to know each other better.
We walked in that day as regular individuals. At the end of the session, however, we walked out as dedicated Digital Scholars.
Once the classes got underway, things started moving smoothly. One of the great things about Digital Scholar is that, although there is a lesson plan at the core of it all, you never know what new nugget of information you’re going to pick up that’s totally off-script. Instead of classifying each day of the past 3 months at Digital Scholar, I’ll list out the core aspects of the institute, along with my 2 cents on them.
- Curriculum: Truly the USP of Digital Scholar. Their agency-based curriculum is a breath of fresh air from the usual textbook and rote memory methods. I have learnt so much about what to expect from a digital marketing career. Above all, I have gained the necessary confidence to say that I am ready to put myself out there.
- Faculty: Qualified professionals who walk the digital marketing talk on an everyday basis. Be it Sorav himself or anyone else, they are warm and easily approachable in case of any doubts. They always keep sessions engaging and interactive for the students.
- Environment: There are ample spaces in the institute that facilitate focus on work. The general vibe of the place is very modern and is aesthetically pleasing. It’s a place where you don’t mind sitting down in front of a screen or a book for hours on end.
- Community: Unlike other institutes where the competition gets a little unsavory at times, it’s always a pleasure to interact with fellow Digital Scholars. The agency-based curriculum synergizes well with student interactions by encouraging teamwork and coordination to complete projects. Seeing as this is an essential aspect of agency life, this is definitely a plus point for Digital Scholar, in my opinion.
I don’t usually subscribe to the idea of a star rating. Still, if I absolutely had to, I do give Digital Scholar, Chennai a review of 4.5 out of 5 stars. The missing half a star is not because of any shortcoming, but because the place has the potential to reach much greater heights. Since it is only been a quarter of a year, there is so much more road to cover, and Digital Scholar doesn’t seem to be slowing down anytime soon!
Voices of Fellow Students
Of course, the above review is solely based on my opinion as a Digital Scholar. My opinion isn’t the only one that counts, is it? I’m sure my classmates would have had plenty to say about the institute. Now, where can you usually find a Digital Scholar when they’re not in class? That’s right, you can find them on various social media platforms. Let’s scout some platforms and see if we can find any!
- https://www.instagram.com/p/B5NPGLkDazg/ – Digital Scholars’ Vox Pop ( @digital_scholar)
Right off the bat, we find all the Scholar’s opinions compiled in one video, right at the Digital Scholar official handle itself! Titled “11 Reasons To Join Digital Scholar”, it has different students who talk about how the institute can make a difference in their lives in terms of their career goals.
They all put forth some valid points, like how it has taught them a practical approach and how to scale their businesses. I agree with each of the points mentioned and agree on how Digital Scholar really calibrates your mindset as a professional.
What you see above is a collection of reviews about Digital Scholar, Chennai from Google My Business. Another thing I noticed is that the reviews touch upon the core aspects of the institute, which really shows its strengths to the world. Organic word-of-mouth can work wonders for any brand, as I learnt at Digital Scholar, and it’s great to see that the place is leading by example!
The Burning Quorum
Most of my peers are active on Quora (like any respectable Digital Scholar). Here’s what some of them had to say about our institute.
https://qr.ae/TarNPq – Raghavan Jagan
https://qr.ae/TaryU1 – Omprakash
https://qr.ae/TarKcG – Poornima A S Srikant
https://qr.ae/TarCkR – Nirmalan
These are all bonafide Digital Scholar students who are active on Quora and reviewed Digital Scholar. No spam/bot trickery at work here. An institute is only as successful as the prowess of its students, and I believe that the Quora folk have done justice to Digital Scholar in every way through their reviews.
The Secret Formula
While all this praise and goodwill is nice to bask in, there is a question that presents itself beyond all this. It is something I have pondered about as well during this program. I think I finally have an answer to it, and I want to run it by you guys. Let’s get straight into it!
First things first, the question.
WHAT FUELS ALL THIS POSITIVE RESPONSE TO DIGITAL SCHOLAR?
Where is it coming from? Clearly, they are doing SOMETHING right. This isn’t just a trivial question either. Understanding the answer to this question can provide valuable insights into Digital Scholar’s golden formula.
While I do believe I may have an answer, by no means am I stating that it is THE answer. As stated before, this is just my take on the reason behind the awesomeness that is Digital Scholar. Here goes!
- Agency-based training: I’ve mentioned this before, but I cannot stress the importance of this enough. It is truly Digital Scholar’s ace up their sleeve. I don’t know of any other institute that is this hands-on with how they teach digital marketing. The experience of being able to participate in a simulated agency situation and gain valuable insight from it is simply unparalleled.
- Placement assistance: Digital marketing skills are of little use without the knowledge of how to leverage them in the job market. Facing interviews can be a daunting prospect, especially for freshers. If the first placement drive was anything to go by, Digital Scholar leaves no stone unturned to ensure that you are fully prepped to face prospective employers with 100% confidence. The institute has partnered up with many up and coming organizations to provide ample job opportunities for us Scholars.
- Interactive sessions: Digital Scholar isn’t just about classrooms; it is about out-of-the-box learning. Boredom and monotony of endless lectures are unheard of here. There’s always a fun group activity or a game just around the corner, each one is equally memorable. Our Instagram session that was spent playing taboo will forever be etched as a good memory in all our minds. When we enter Digital Scholar every day, we never really know what’s in store for the day, and that intrigue is fascinating.
- Expert guidance: It is great to learn digital marketing at a place where you gain valuable tips and knowledge from the best in the business. A few weeks ago, Abhishek Shah, the man behind bepositive24 came down to Digital Scholar, Chennai, and conducted a very informative guest lecture on the topic “Discover The Creative Brand In You”. It was a session that was indeed an eye-opener for us and made knowledge exchange interactive.
- The celebrations: Digital Scholar had something special in store for us when Diwali rolled around this year. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that they had an entire event planned out for us. From competitions to team games, they had really set the bar high as great hosts. To top it all of in the most perfect way, Digital Guru Neil Patel sent across a video congratulating us on our progress, while also sharing some gyaan with us.
- The quirks: As you may have caught on earlier, nothing at Digital Scholar is excessively formulaic. This extends down even to the small, quality-of-life details at the institute. For instance, take the Digital Scholar pledge. Before and after each session, we make it a point to recite this pledge as if it were our Holy Bible. Which it is, in more ways than one. It may seem insignificant, but it’s the little things like these that make one realize that you’re in a place that cares about its craft. Life at Digital Scholar truly is an experience like no other.
Top Digital Marketing Experts in the House:
On December 30th, 2019, we had an interactive session with the top digital marketing experts in India. Along with our mentor Sorav Jain, prominent experts Avijit Arya, Siddharth Rajasekar, Deepak Kanakaraju, Sanjay Shenoy, Kulwant Nagi, Gaurav Gurbaxani, Faheem Ahmed, Gopal Krishnan graced the session and answered all the questions that we digital scholars asked them. It was a memorable session to learn from the legends of the various fields in digital marketing.
With that, I believe I have more or less covered all the factors that I think contribute to Digital Scholar’s future success. Sure, you may agree or disagree with me, but one thing is undeniable:
Digital Scholar is here to stay!
I hope you have an idea about Digital Scholar, Chennai with this review article. If you are like me and have a desire to explore your passion for digital marketing and/or make a career out of it, go pay them a visit! Sign up for a demo class and get a feel for learning digital marketing from them.
Note: This Digital Scholar, Chennai review article is solely based on my journey. Your opinions may vary from this